There are many different types of testosterone boosters available in the market, which is also known as supplements and can be purchased from various food stores and through many online vendors. These supplements contain a number of natural ingredients and herbs that can help in encouraging the pituitary gland to boost the secretion of testosterone from the male testicles.
As you know, the pituitary gland which is the main gland in our brain is responsible for producing testosterone in the testicles. Due to this reason the secondary male sex characteristics are developed, which include growth of body hair, deepening of voice and increase in the size of genitals as well as sperm production.
How does these testosterone booster work?
In addition to providing various secondary male sex characteristics the testosterone also helps boosting libido, muscle and bone growth, liver and brain function and also various other organ functions. By taking these testosterone enhancers you can not only achieve all these, but also improve your overall health and wellness. There are number of such enhancers available in the market and each one can be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The primary function of these testosterone boosters is to promote the health of pituitary and hypothalamus glands. In order to get real benefit of these boosters it is essential that one must take nutritious diet coupled with adequate physical exercises. In addition to that following are also recommended.
- Good amount of sleep during night. Eight hours is recommended.
- People who are obese or overweight must try to maintain a healthy weight. Due to overweight condition generally people may become diabetic or get lower level of testosterone.
- There must be sufficient content of Zinc in the diet, which is very beneficial mineral to support pituitary gland.
- Sugar intake must be reduced.
- Regular exercise is essential as it can promote overall health and wellness. This will also increase the libido and help in enhancing the mental attitude.
Besides hormone production and increasing sex drive, testosterone is also useful for body builders. Increase in size of male testicles will continue till the age of mid 30 to 40. Young boys of age 15 to 16 must take 100 to 1200ng per deciliter, while adult males must take 270 to 1070ng per deciliter.
The actual dosage is determined by the doctor after evaluating your present level of testosterone. One should not exceed the dosage as it can be detrimental to your health.