What are testosterone boosters?
Testosterone boosters are chemicals that are used to increase the amount of testosterone in men. Testosterone helps build muscle mass and energy. It also increases sexual ability and libido. A lot of men begin to suffer from low testosterone levels once they are above 35 years of age. This reduction of testosterone level typically leads to poor libido and endurance, difficulty in gaining weight and mood disorders. Testosterone boosters help men who have a lower than usual testosterone level to get back to healthy lives.
Effective testosterone boosters and their recommended dosage
There are many rubbish compounds advertised as testosterone booster in the market but few actually have the required ingredients that will have a positive effect on testosterone levels. Here are some of the most recommended testosterone boosters you can use and their dosage.
- D-Aspartic acid – DAA has been proven to increase testosterone levels in men over a period of time. Prolonged usage may not continually increase testosterone levels after a certain point. It is one of the most popular supplements used and a dosage of 3 grams of sodium d-aspartate is enough to give a 40% boost in testosterone levels.
- Zinc – Zinc has been proven to also help stimulate the genesis of testosterone hormone in men. It is commonly found in a T-booster called ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B6 are its main ingredients). Using ZMA supplements of about 10 – 40 mg about 30 minutes before going to bed has delivered positive results for most men.
- Vitamin D – Studies have shown that 3,000 IU – 5,000 IU of Vitamin D can help boost testosterone levels significantly in men. Vitamin D is available as a standalone supplement and as part of several booster formulas.
- Ginseng – This is an age-long remedy for poor libido and weakness in men. It not only boosts testosterone but you also feel positive effects such as increased libido, higher endurance and strength levels. Dosage for usage is typically around 100 mg – 300 mg
- Boron – Boron works by reducing estrogen levels in the body which helps to increase testosterone by as much as 39% in some men with as little as 5 mg recommended dosage.
Recommended usage cycles for testosterone boosters
The length of your testosterone cycle is usually dependent on age, health condition and how the ingredients interact in each person uniquely. Older men (above 35 years) who are not in perfect health are advised to take their testosterone boosters in long cycles of not more than three months. They are also advised to take a week break off boosters after a month of continuous usage. The first month of usage should also be for only five days every week with two days without using them.
Younger men are advised to use shorter usage cycles when on testosterone boosters. In all cases, you should pay close attention to your body and how it is reacting to the supplement you have chosen as your booster. This is so that you know how to adjust when necessary in case of side effects.
Testosterone is an important hormone that is essential to men’s healthy living. When using testosterone boosters, be advised that it is important to pay attention to your body limits as results may differ from person to person. Proper training, diet and healthy habits in addition to using boosters is also highly recommended for the optimal and lasting results.